How much does it cost to develop an app like Unacademy?
E-learning platforms such as Unacademy have transformed the traditional education system that has been running for many years. They have changed the idea that only going to schools or colleges can provide quality education to students. Some genuine e-learning platforms offer comprehensive courses including great lecturers from top-level universities. This was more evident during the lockdown times of the corona-virus pandemic that forced all the students to stay at home for indefinite times. The uninterrupted and reliable way of educating their users with accurate technology always keeps them on the list of top 10 apps in India. As a business owner, if you are looking at how to create a website like unacademy using WordPress, or How to create an eLearning app like Unacademy and how much does it cost to develop an app like Unacademy? then you are at the right place.
What is the academy?
Unacademy was initially launched as a YouTube channel by Gaurav Munjal, Roman Saini, Hemesh Singh, and Sachin Gupta. In the year 2016, they started their website platform to streamline their business operations along to offer efficient teaching. Unacademy Online Education App provides the concepts in a more easy and approachable way to teach its users using the right technology stack. This is the reason for the long term and widespread success of this platform. There are many types of precise courses available for free to study at Unacademy, along with the provision of special courses for many competitive exams. Unacademy also has a specific set of live classes reliant on the various categories of exams.
Features in Unacademy:
If you are looking to develop an unacademy app for pc or mobile, or how to make a website like unacademy, then you have to include the below features in the app:
- Register & login: It allows an easy registration process after entering the data such as name, mobile number, address, email, origin, education, etc. Once the registration is done it will offer a login option.
- The dashboard must be clear and detailed as students will navigate to specific sections via this option.
- Selecting courses according to their choice must be made available via the menu.
- Multiple payment methods like debit cards, credit cards, or PayPal, etc must be made available for students. It will make them easily available to choose any type of plan.
- A variety of tests must be provided for students to analyze their learning potential in each subject as the course is completed.
- The app must offer customized setting options depending on their topics, language, and location of the app user.
- Similar to the student panel, teachers must register and sign-in to the app.
- Teachers must be able to manage their specific courses of specialization or add any topics to them.
- They must also have the option to speak to students using the live class feature. Teachers should also have the option of chat or voice call options.
- Teachers must have the option to provide online tests to students by scheduling them.
- Admin must have the option to verify the functioning of the app along with the usage of students, teachers to maintain the quality of education at top quality.
- They must have permission to manage and send push notifications to users regarding any important notices or offers.
- Admin can also check or manage the contents of the app when needed.
- They can add or modify users from the app.
Factors influencing the cost to develop an app like Unacademy:
- App Platform: The mobile app development cost of an e-learning app like Unacademy depends on the app platform that the app is built upon. Therefore, business owners must analyse accurately the target customers and their relevant use to develop the app on a native or hybrid platform. You may feel that the development costs of iOS are more than that of Android. But when the number of devices using the Android platform is considered, the final development costs will be higher. So, depending on the usage of target customers many companies go for hybrid apps because it aids both the platforms.
- The location of the development company: However, the location of the company which you will hire to develop the app will determine your overall development charges. Hiring or associating with a mobile app development company at some precise locations would have more costs while some will have less. Hence, research appropriately about the location before you associate with a firm.
- App Design: Any kind of app must have an attractive design and usability to reach target customers and retain them for longer. Modern graphics and designs will surely enhance the richness but with the additions of more development charges.
- App technology: Rich features will surely enhance the value of your app while also keeping you higher on the competition. But if the app includes any or all of the modern features like AI or MI, AR/VR, blockchain or Chatbot will surely be costly than expected. With the advancement in technology, users are always looking for cutting-edge features in the app that will be useful while also carry out the functionality smoothly. As a business owner, you have to be careful to include technology and features that will be beneficial and profitable in the long run.
- App size: App size is influenced by the category and the number of features included in the app. As the app is filled with advanced features, it also has a huge influence on the total mobile app development cost.
E-learning mobile apps have been at the peak of popularity as they are life-saviours for learners across the globe. It is a suitable way for users to learn any topic of their choice and master them. Unacademy is one such app that is transforming the process of learning into a smoother path. Due to this success, business owners are investing in building apps like Unacademy and associating with reliable and experienced mobile app development companies in Bangalore like Brill Mindz.