Ban of PUBG enhances the opportunities for Indian made mobile games and mobile apps
With the increased tensions between India and China at the borders, the Central Indian government had banned several Chinese apps like TikTok over the last couple of months. Now, the government has banned 118 more apps including the extremely popular gaming app PUBG Mobile. According to the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, PUBG has been banned along with the other apps under Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, on grounds that they engage in activities which are prejudicial to the sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of the state and public order.
What is PUBG?
PUBG for desktop was built by the second wing of video game company Bluehole based on South Korea. The beat version was released in March 2017 and followed by a full release in December 2017. But the popular mobile version was launched by a video game company from China called Tencent Mobile International Limited, in February 2018. Since then, PUBG Mobile has been amongst the most widespread smartphone games. It positions itself among the world’s top five smartphone apps with more than 734 Million downloads on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
This game has nearly 13 million active daily users in India and close to 50 Million registered active players before the ban. PUBG mobile was grown to be a pool of professional gamers in India who even represented the country in global competitions. This was the reason for the evolution of the live game streaming market in India in recent years.
Boost for Indian mobile apps:
- The ban on Chinese apps by the Government of India has raised new opportunities and caused an upsurge in Indian apps. It is observed as a strategic idea to enhance the app ecosystem of the country. The ban on Chinese apps that was done to protect India from potential data threat was welcomed by app developers in India. This ban along with the government’s latest “Aatmanirbhar Bharath” strategy has been promising for the Indian gaming ecosystem.
- Gaming and esports platforms have ample space to expand largely and swiftly like never before. Encouraged by the response on PUBG mobile in recent years, many Indian game app developers are looking to develop games like PUBG to encash the opportunity created by the ban in the country. If moved strategically at all stages of the app development process and launched rightly, apps like PUBG will offer positive results.
- India has a significant number of gaming start-ups and a huge percentage of mobile gaming fraternity among online gamers. Indian app developers have to be precise and act well in targeting them and also expand their reach to be successful in the industry. Even though there are plenty of opportunities, there could be tough competition from other non-Chinese international enterprises.
- If you want to stand out in the competition by cloning an app like PUBG, then the end product must contain attractive graphics and features. The design must be of high-quality and ensure to engage users to stay for longer. This opportunity will only be useful if planning is done carefully with your entire mobile app development company.
Points to consider while building an app like PUBG:
- Unique Idea: The success of PUBG is mainly due to genuine gameplay and user-friendly methods. Users get engaged within no time as the game is highly addictive with such features. Hence it is crucial to think and plan a theme for the game, strategize creative ideas and innovate on those ideas for moving forward towards it.
- Build a strong story: PUBG has an exciting story where users are left on an isolated island and challenged to get out alive from it. Various hurdles and goals keep the players always engaged in the game. Similarly, your app must have a strong story to keep the users engaging and interested in continuing in the game for longer. The story forms the backbone of developing the game, and once you achieve this, your idea of developing an app like PUBG will be on the desired path.
- Exciting design and graphics: PUBG is attractive since it has exciting 3D graphics, variable resolutions, and appealing game moves. Hence, an app like PUBG must have all the related adjustments to allow users to enjoy the game according to their preferred settings. An accurate mixture of realistic visuals, effects, and exciting features will aid in making your app unique and standout in the market. The game must be built to work fine on multiple devices such as desktop or mobiles. This will help in capturing gaming enthusiasts and also expand the brand value.
- Type of Platform: Analyse your target users and other game ideas before you start the development of the app on a particular platform. It could be either a Native platform for creating different apps for Android and iOS. The second one is the cross-platform app development where code is written for the app to perform on various platforms.
- Monetization: Every app is developed to earn revenue for your company. Therefore, a positive monetization strategy should be planned even before you start the development of your app. Strategies such as In-app purchases, ads and premium versions of the app will help you in earning significant revenue.
In the modern digital marketing world, people are always looking for engaging, challenging, and multi-level games and gaming apps such as PUBG. This was more evident during the lockdown stages of Corona-virus where people were confined to closed settings for many days. But with huge competition being lined up, creating a successful app like PUBG will be a tricky job. It will be effective and successful only if you associate with a reliable and experienced mobile app development company in Bangalore. They will have a team of skilled game app developers that can execute any idea to turn it into an amazing app with the focus to attract gaming enthusiasts creatively.