How Aarogya Setu mobile app tracks the spread of coronavirus?
Coronavirus across the globe has been increasing every day and governments are looking for effective measures to curb the spread of this epidemic. India is in the state of lockdown from more than 45 days and the disease is spreading across the country even though the rate is very slow when compared to other infected nations. Government of India led by Prime minister Narendra Modi is taking many steps to curb the spread and also create awareness among the citizens. A dedicated coronavirus tracking app called ‘Aarogya Setu’ was launched by the Ministry of Electronics and IT that will support people and the government to find the risk of getting infected by the Coronavirus.
Why the Aarogya Setu app? and How Aarogya Setu mobile app tracks the spread of coronavirus?
Aarogya Setu is a Sanskrit Language word that means “A bridge of health”. The app has been downloaded by millions of users in very few days. The motive of developing this app was due to the reason that Coronavirus spreads via direct contact with infected people and via infected respiratory droplets that may be present on surfaces for a few hours. It happens especially when an infected person coughs or sneezes without covering their nose and mouth. Since contact is the main reason, this app tells whether a user is at risk of exposure by assessing the location and scanning the database of identified positive cases. It will also help governments to exactly know the situation of spreading. Aarogya Setu is available for both android and I Phone users in Google play store or Apple’s App Store.
How does the Aarogya Setu mobile app work?
- Contact-tracing apps like Aarogya Setu apps notify the users about the identified Coronavirus patient if they are near the location. As you download the app, you will have to enter the details like phone number, age, gender, address, and provide a self-assessment of your health. The app detects any other nearby devices with the same app installed. But it requires you to keep the Bluetooth and Location always on. GPS will track the user location and Bluetooth will exchange information with nearby devices that have the app installed.
- If a person is tested positive then his information is entered in the app. The app will intimate all the persons who came in contact with that infected person. By analyzing the database of known cases, phones location and Bluetooth will know if you are in a chance of any risk. The app will evaluate the rate of danger depending on the calculated parameters for a person who is tested positive and his travel history. The user will be notified immediately if he enters any zone of an infected patient. It will also provide complete instructions on how to self-isolate and necessary action items in case if you are seeing symptoms of the disease.
- The app will store and transfer all your accumulated data in an encrypted form. By looking at the coded data, it will pass the data to the server in an unspecified form to find if the user is nearby any infected person. It will use the Bluetooth feature to check if you have been within six feet of an infected individual.
- The app will analyze and guess the risk of infection based on the interactions, give appropriate advice, and also provide crucial information to government authorities about the traveling of suspected individuals. If a person is tested positive for the epidemic or at risk due to close contact with an infected individual, then these data along with the details of persons who were in contact with you for over 30 days are transferred to the government accessible cloud.
- The app will aid the government in taking timely actions in stopping the spread of the epidemic by ensuring the isolation of all suspected patients. The location history of users will be automatically deleted from the app and cloud after 30 days but the cycle will continue. The government holds the right to share this information with the necessary government medical and research bodies. Governments need to access these data to generate reports and graphics to know the risk of infections across a specific area.
- The government is planning to use the app as an e-pass once the lockdown is lifted. It was indicated by the prime minister Narendra Modi during his last speech. This means that a person would be allowed to travel only if he has the app and entered all the necessary details in it.
- But, for the app to work effectively the people who are in the vicinity must also have the Aarogya Setu app installed on their devices. This is the reason that the government is urging everyone to download the app on their smartphone and share it with their known ones to install the app. There is a share option on the Aarogya Setu App that allows the users to share the app easily.
- The Aarogya Setu app is undergoing many developments for integrating the e-pass system and other more modern self-assessment methods. The government is striving hard to spread awareness among people to download and use the app on their devices. Even schools are sending awareness messages to parents to download and use the app for their safety. But users need to be aware that there are many third-party apps on the play store with the name “Aarogya or Arogya”. Care should be taken to download and use only the official version of the app for both Android and iOS platforms.
If you are looking to build a similar kind of app that would be beneficial for users and also earn a substantial amount of revenue, associate with constantly leading mobile app development company in India, Brill Mindz.